Highlights of current and past St. Luke activities
We are planning a special gathering of the Women of the ELCA (WELCA) at St. Luke on November 14 at 9:30A. This event will be for women of all ages and is not just for those who are already participating in a WELCA group. Mark your calendars for a morning event that will include a presentation by speaker Karin Conlee, a light breakfast, and fellowship with your sisters at St. Luke. Feel free to contact Barbara Anderson if you have questions. Please sign up by November 9 on the communication card, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 756-8850.
Trunk Or Treat - October 25, 2015
Join us on October 25th for our annual Trunk-R-Treat celebration. Trunk-R-Treat is a fun, safe, and friendly environment where kids can walk around the church parking lot and “trick or treat” as they go from trunk to trunk. We will have games, food, music, prizes, and of course lots and lots of CANDY!
The games and activities will begin at 4pm while the adults decorate their cars. Trick or treating will begin at 4:30 (don't forget to bring your candy to hand out!) and food will be served afterward. All games, food, and activities will be outside so please dress appropriately for the weather.
Trunk-R-Treat is for all ages so bring the whole family and don't forget to invite your friends and neighbors. We can't wait to see all of your amazing costumes!
Service is Cancelled-Come Serve!
Get involved in being the hands and feet of Christ by serving others. Opportunities include:
Saturday September 12 - American Cancer Society Relay for Life – Johnson Park, Collierville – 6:00 PM – 1:00 AM. Cancer has touched most of our lives. What was once an almost death sentence now has a high survival rate. Join the St. Luke team and walk to defeat this disease.
Sunday September 13 – God’s Work, Our Hands Sunday
· Devotional and Send-off – 9:00 AM at St. Luke Lutheran Church
· Peace Lutheran Church / Trinity Ministry – Paint indoor areas to support Pastor Toni’s ministry.
· Chimney Rock School – Clean-up the playground and surrounding areas of the school.
· Grace Healthcare – Sing praise hymns and read bible passages to the residents.
· St. Luke – Quilting – Sew quilts to be sent to Lutheran World Relief.
· St. Luke – Cookies – Bake cookies and take them to the local police and fire stations.
· St. Luke – Casseroles - Prepare and freeze casserole dishes for saints who are shut-in or in recovery.
· St. Luke – Landscaping - Upgrade the parking lot islands and the sign area.
· St. Luke – Child Care - Watch and entertain the littlest saints so their parents can serve where they feel called.
Click here to sign up and serve!